December Brings Seasonal Cheer, Joyous
Atmosphere to The Lodge at Torrey Pines®
Holiday Foods, Shopping Tours, and Family-Oriented
Activities Mark the Holiday Season at The Lodge
Escape the frenetic pace of the holiday season and celebrate December at the Lodge in relaxed, California coastal style. Our incomparable location, world-famous golf course, fine dining, and convenient access to local attractions make the Lodge a favorite destination, year-round. But the Lodge takes on a special luster in December, with traditional Arts and Crafts holiday decorations of fruit, spice, and evergreen swags - and a program of convenient services, festive refreshments, and entertaining activities designed to take away the stress of the holidays and leave you with only the fun.
- Streamline your holiday shopping experience and explore area retailers with The Lodge's exclusive VIP Shopping Tour in association with Westfield's UTC mall. Our Concierge will assist you in creating a personalized "menu" of retailers, who will greet you personally upon your arrival and escort you through your custom shopping experience. Daily (Dec. 1 - 24), 10 am - 4 pm. Contact the Concierge at 6630 to arrange your tour.
- Enjoy traditional roasted chestnuts and hot cider in the Porte Cochere, accompanied by the festive sounds of holiday carolers as they begin their tour of the hotel grounds. Wednesday through Saturday (Dec. 1 - 23) and Sunday, December 24, from 5 pm to 8 pm.
- Even Scrooge would enjoy our Holiday Movie Classics: special screenings of your holiday film favorites including It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story, Miracle on 34th Street, and A Christmas Carol, beginning at 8 pm in the Library. Thursday through Saturday (Dec. 1 - 23; special showings on Wednesday, Dec. 20 and Sunday, Dec. 24. To find out what's playing, contact the Concierge at 6630.
- What is it like being married to a legend and sharing your house with eight reindeer? Get the inside story in Fireside Stories with Mrs. Claus, next to the Lobby Fireplace, from 11 am to 1 pm each Sunday in December. Then, once you've caught up on the North Pole gossip, stick around for hot cider and fresh cookies, served in the lobby from 1 pm - 4 pm.
- On Sunday, Dec. 24, recover from last-minute holiday shopping with a traditional afternoon tea, complete with a selection of bracing brewed teas, clotted cream and finger sandwiches. Served from 4 pm - 5:30 pm; call the Concierge at (858) 777-6630 for location.
- Putter Pro Kids (Ages 6 - 10). You're never too young to begin a lifelong love affair with golf: Our experienced golf services staff supervises the golfers of tomorrow on the putting green. Tuesday, Dec. 26 and Thursday, Dec. 28, 10 am - 11 am and 3 pm - 4 pm. Contact Golf Services at 6610 to reserve spots for your kids.
- Family Croquet on the Arroyo Terrace. Believe it or not, one can't play golf twenty four hours a day. Take a break from the links and gather the family for a rousing game of croquet, golf's distant cousin. Set up time is 10 am, Monday through Wednesday (Dec. 4 - 20) and on December 26, 27, and 29.
- California Craftsman Kids (ages 4 - 13) Kids create a holiday keepsake for their parents, sing songs the season, and participate in plays, games, and skits in this educational and entertaining workshop, a celebration of the historic spirit of the Arts and Crafts era. Saturdays (Dec. 2 - 30), 10 am - 12 pm. For location, contact the Concierge at (858) 777-6630.
Holiday Dinner, Monday, December 25th, 2006
- Spending the holiday away from home doesn't mean you have to forgo holiday feasting! In our award-winning A. R. Valentien restaurant, Chef Jeff Jackson will augment the standard menu with traditional holiday favorites, all emphasizing the freshest of locally grown ingredients and served in a cozy yet elegant Arts and Crafts setting. Or, savor a traditional three-course holiday menu at The Grill. Reservations are strongly encouraged for both restaurants. Contact the A. R. Valentien at (858) 777-6635 and The Grill at (858) 777-6645.
The Lodge at Torrey Pines® is owned and operated by Evans Hotels, San Diego, and is a member of The Leading Hotels of the World. For reservations call 888-826-0224, or for further information contact Steve Pelzer at (858) 777-6706, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.lodgetorreypines.com.